Palm Sunday Weekend in the Rhodope mountains
A weekend full of Rhodope beauty – there will be everything: waterfalls, dense forests, peaks, a stone road of Roman weather, built in the 1st century BC. n. well. and wonderful rock phenomena. There will be three beautiful waterfalls near the village of Orekhovo-Duplyovo (12 meters), Skakaloto (10 meters) and Kostyanoy Kamen (30 meters), declared protected natural objects. We will admire the Rhodopes of the historical and uniquely picturesque peak of the Church Church, plunge into the wilds of the mysterious canyon below it, if the Borben group ascends to the second highest peak in the Chernatitsa ridge-little Persenk (2074 meters), descend along the ancient Roman road, opening up worthy of a feather VAZ panoramas and get to the Rhodope ornament-wonderful bridges.
We gather at the end of the village of Orekhovo, at the beginning of the path to the Persenk hut. We leave at 9: 00, first heading to the nearest waterfall-Duplyovo. Then we will pass successively through two other waterfalls-Grasshopper and bone stone, and then go for lunch to an extremely panoramic peak and at the same time rich in history-the Church Church. Then we will pass through a narrow and fabulous canyon under the top with 20-meter cliffs overhanging us and head to the rocky phenomenon of wonderful bridges, where we will take a one-hour tour to see all their beauty, and then return home for dinner and overnight at the extremely Flirty "wonderful bridges" hut. Day trip: 6 hours (without bridge circumference); Denivelation: + 700, -200 meters.
After Breakfast, we go out at 8.00 to the top of a Small Persenk (2074 m) - the second highest in the Rhodope rid Chernatitsa and one of the few two-lane roads in the Rhodope mountains. Our path will take you along the ancient Roman road, offering stunning panoramas of the Rhodope. After the summit, we will go down to the Persenk hut for lunch, and from there we will go to the village of Orekhovo, where our cars are located. We tell ourselves: "Good-bye!"and with all the rocky beauty, peaks, and waterfalls in our heads, we head home, waiting for our next encounters. Day transition: 7 hours; Denivelation: + 610, -1120 meters.
1. Tourist backpack-convenient for a one-day trip.
2. Hiking shoes – for recommended high, well-covering ankles. Don’t come with brand-new shoes-it’s better to spread them around the city first! Socks are also desirable to be tourist-they soften the contact points, do not sweat and do not maintain the temperature.
3. Hiking sticks-highly recommended-increase the stability of the terrain and relieve the load on the joints and leg muscles by up to 30%.
4. the hooded Jacket is water-resistant if possible.
6. Sun hat-best with a brim.
7. Sunglasses with UV protection.
8. Sunscreen – at least factor 30.
9. Water bottle – at least 1 liter.
11. Food-waffles, energy bars.
Avoid carrying a lot of stuff! In the mountains, every gram is important.