Indian Summer in Pirin Mountain – Koncheto
The beginning of October is probably the most pleasant season for mountaineering – the heat is gone forever, the sun caresses the skin, the mountain is wearing its colorful attire. We are heading to one of the most magnetic places in our mountains – the famous marble ridge Koncheto, but before that we will make a solid warm-up through part of the Banderishki circus and the long granite body of the green beauty Todorka.
Main highlights of the program:
– part of the Banderishki circus – lakes Okoto, Ribno and Zhabeshko. We will look at Todorka straight in the “eyes” – lakes Todorini ochi.
-granite giant Todorka (2746 m).
– the magnetic marble was the Little Horse.
– Kutelo peak (2908 m.) – second in height in Pirin and third in Bulgaria.
– Banski Suhodol peak (2884 m.) – third in height in Pirin and fifth in Bulgaria.
We gather at 10.00 in the parking lot in front of Vihren hut and after a short acquaintance and a summary of the upcoming adventure we head to the beautiful Todorka. On the way we will wash our eyes in the clear waters of the lakes Okoto, Ribno and Zhabeshko, from where we will start a steeper climb to the gate between the peaks Vasilashki Chukar and the three Todorki. From there we start on the stone and very panoramic ridge through Malka and Sredna Todorka, to the highest of the three - Todorka peak. The views from there are stunning - Vihren, Kutelo, Muratov, Banderishki Lakes, Todorini Ochi, Strazhite, Kaymakchal. Filled with eyes from Pirin views, we return on the way back for dinner and overnight at the hospitable Vihren hut. Transition for the day: 7-8 hours; Displacement: + 757, -757 meters; Distance: 12 kilometers.
We eat and recharge our batteries and set off on the path to the fearsome Kazan and the eternal prespa in it. If we are lucky, we can meet a herd of extremely unrestrained recently wild goats in the area. We will pass the Kazana shelter and climb to the Premkata-saddle between the marble giants Vihren and Kutelo. It is the second highest peak in the mountain will be our next goal to discover before us the mind-blowing landscape of the Little Horse. I envy those who will see it for the first time ... We pass along the narrow edge with the help of the steel rope railing and take another look from very high from another marble giant - Banski Suhodol. The line from where we go back to the cars of Vihren hut and we will deliver the adrenaline from the experience in different parts of Bulgaria. Transition for the day: 8 hours; Elevation: +947, -947 meters; Distance: 10 kilometers.
1. Tourist backpack-convenient for a one-day trip.
2. Hiking shoes – for recommended high, well-covering ankles. Don’t come with brand-new shoes-it’s better to spread them around the city first! Socks are also desirable to be tourist-they soften the contact points, do not sweat and do not maintain the temperature.
3. Hiking sticks-highly recommended-increase the stability of the terrain and relieve the load on the joints and leg muscles by up to 30%.
4. the hooded Jacket is water-resistant if possible.
6. Sun hat-best with a brim.
7. Sunglasses with UV protection.
8. Sunscreen – at least factor 30.
9. Water bottle – at least 1 liter.
11. Food-waffles, energy bars.
Avoid carrying a lot of stuff! In the mountains, every gram is important.
choose difficulty level category